A New Zealand Scholarship will change and enrich your life
The entire scholarship experience from developing your mind and your career, to enjoying the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle and culture, has the potential to shape your life in the most enriching ways.
We are sure that securing a New Zealand Scholarship and studying abroad in New Zealand will be one of the best things you ever do. Watch the video to find out what our scholars say about studying on a full government scholarship in New Zealand:
International scholars talk about studying abroad on a New Zealand Scholarship. They value New Zealand's friendly people, its world class education, the approachable lecturers, and the opportunity to develop critical thinking in a safe and multicultural e
Our scholars experience these benefits when studying in New Zealand
Our scholars tell us they love studying and living in New Zealand. Come and join them, and experience these benefits:
- You will gain a world-class education and better career prospects: All New Zealand universities are in the top 3% of universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings(external link).
- You will gain leadership skills and practical skills to share with your country: Your study programme will relate to your country’s human resource and development needs. After your study, you will return home to make a positive difference in your home country.
- You will feel welcome in New Zealand’s multi-cultural society that proudly celebrates its bicultural heritage. Around 15% of Kiwis are indigenous Māori, 12% are Asian and 7.5% are Pacific Islanders.
- You will make friends and strong connections for life. New Zealanders are known for their friendly, honest and open nature. On scholarship, you will get to know lots of Kiwis, but also you will become part of our global community of talented scholars.
- You will enjoy a relaxed and peaceful lifestyle in a country with high levels of government transparency and security. New Zealand is one of the most peaceful and least corrupt countries in the world.
- You will study in English: Learning and living abroad in an English-speaking country will reinforce your English language skills. English is the most commonly spoken language and Te Reo Māori and New Zealand Sign Language are the official languages of New Zealand.
- You will enjoy a good work-life balance. New Zealand is small and uncrowded so getting around and getting things done is relatively easy. New Zealanders value work-life balance. You will have time for fun and relaxation, as well as conscientious study.
- You can travel around our country with relative ease to experience New Zealand’s diverse landscapes from beautiful coastlines, snowy mountains, green native bush, quiet countryside to dynamic cosmopolitan cities.
- You will experience a progressive and inclusive society, that actively promotes equal opportunities and gender equality: New Zealand is world-leading with its nuclear-free policy, granting female voting rights and the rights of the LGBTQI+ community.
- You can learn from innovative experts in high demand subjects. New Zealand has experts in climate change and adaptation, environmental management, renewable energy, disaster risk management, food security, agribusiness, public sector management, indigenous development and innovative business.
- You will study in modern high-tech, learning environments, supported by approachable lecturers and expert educators, who focus on critical and innovative thinking.
- You will get good pastoral care: New Zealand educators have a duty of care to international students under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This Code sets minimum standards to ensure international students are well-informed, safe and properly cared for by their education institution.
Watch more videos to find out what it is like to study in New Zealand
International student, Pili from Costa Rica in the Caribbean, enjoys learning from her New Zealand university supervisors as well as other scholars and students from all around the world.